The FS-Mini is a broadcast quality utility frame sync that packs the production-proven reliability of AJA’s leading FS frame sync technology into a portable Mini-Converter supporting frame synchronization of untimed 3G-SDI, HD, and SD video signals at an affordable price.
FS-Mini allows users to synchronize and convert a wide range of video formats to their house standard with a 3G-SDI input and output, HDMI output, and a 2-channel RCA style audio output. The FS-Mini also provides high quality up, down, cross-conversion.
The device also features a reference input that can be used to lock to a local reference. It can be simply controlled via local DIP switches or USB with AJA’s Mini-Config application.
• Utility frame sync function, times input signals to an external reference
• Supports bi-level and tri-level references
• High quality 10-bit video processing
• Low latency processing, nominal video delay of 1 frame
• Freeze (on input signal loss) to black or last good frame
• Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 625i, 525i and SDI input signals
• Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
• 16-channel embedded SDI audio I/O
• 8-channel HDMI output audio
• 2-channel RCA-style analog outputs at -10dBV (nominal)
• Utility frame rate conversion, supports 3:2 pulldown
• Up, down, cross conversion between 3G, HD and SD video formats
• AFD input detection, down-convert control
• Simple configuration via a DIP switch or USB port and Mini-Config software
• Universal input +5V power supply AJA model DWP-U-R1 (included)
• Five year warranty
NOTE: FS-Mini converts 3G-SDI Level A formats only. It does not input or output 3G-SDI Level B.
Simplified Block Diagram
FS-Mini is designed to meet demands of broadcast engineering and live event production while providing incredible flexibility. It receives an untimed signal, frame syncs it, processes it and automatically routes it to both the SDI output for use in production and the HDMI output for monitoring. The user selects which 2-channels of audio are routed to the RCA-style audio monitor outputs.
USB and Mini-Config Support
AJA’s free Mini-Config software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
Universal Power Supply
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
Compact and Portable
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can’t accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mini-Converter installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mini-Converter products are covered by a generous five year warranty.